Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Cheeseburger Paradisio


It's just a little excessive. Normally on Thanksgiving Eve you're lucky if you get a grilled cheese or some nuked leftovers around here. Because I become obsessed with tomorrow's dinner preparations. I started out with the idea of just quickly throwing together burgers for supper. Then there was that absolutely perfectly ripe avocado shouting at me from the bowl on the island. If you're already carmelizing an onion in butter with a dash of sea salt, why not chop up those last few neglected mushrooms and toss those in the pan, too. Bacon. Sharp cheddar cheese. And I don't know what you do in your kitchen, but I love a toasted bun surrounding my burger. Spread with garlic butter, they go under the broiler just long enough to become golden and crispy. If I am destined to die early from eating red meat, this is how it ought to be. Lovely paired with a Shiner bock. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have stuffing bread to dice.