Sunday, September 25, 2011

Me Again


At least, I'm going to pretend it's me. Okay, really it's just another occurance of my relatively rare name. Just now, on the encore broadcast of this week's A Prairie Home Companion, I was listening to Garrison Keillor relate the news from Lake Wobegon. I was listening rather distractedly, since I was finishing up the crossword puzzle. Then I heard my name. Carla. Carla the Homecoming Queen. Who had some sort of traumatic experience involving the oversize duck decoys. The memory of which returns to her whenever she sees a '53 Chevy. I really need to pay attention when it runs again at 5 this afternoon. It could be some kind of weird portent for my future. An alternate time line. Or something. One thing's for sure, there's no way I'm moving to Los Angeles. They can't make me. So there.

No comments: