Friday, June 3, 2011

Monday


Highlights of day five of GraduWeduation Weekend

*Up early, put on our pretty dresses, or in Reid's case, the better black jeans and the shirt with buttons, and off to Falls Park!

*It was windy. It was verrrrrry windy. An equal opportunity bad hair day for all. But I must say we looked fabulous anyway.

*Fun with conjugation! I'll go slow, try to follow. I am now a mother-in-law. So I'm the Milly. Liz is my daughter-in-law. She's a Dilly! Michael is a Silly! Martine and Pam are the Tillys! Well, in Spanish speaking countries they are!

*The entire wedding party proceeded to Perkin's for replenishment after the ceremony. In honor of the bridal couple, who had their first date at a Perkin's restaurant. A fun tradition that I heartily endorse. I appreciate an eating establishment where one can enjoy a chocolate malt with their bacon and eggs. As I did. I shared with the Tillys.

*All too soon it is time to usher Pam to the airport for her flight back to Atlanta. We miss her already. And still do.

*Martine and I hit I29 South, bound for Omaha, where she departs the following day for Tucson. We checked into a hotel near the airport and were ready to settle for the marginal-looking drive-in with a patio establishment next door for dinner. That is, until Josh behind the front desk, who was skillfully managing our check-in, said the magic word. Shuttle. We have a shuttle that goes to Old Market, where you can choose from dozens of fine restaurants, bars, entertainment, and unique shops. We nearly fainted from sheer joy. Then freshened up and had a lovely meal at Vivace. Shuttle. It's a magic word.

*I'm a Milly!


2 comments:

Martine (can be read or spoken without the silly British accent). said...

The following question should be read with Martine's silly British accent:
Did someone say shuttlecock?

Bellona of Avalon said...

I told you never to say shuttlecock to me!!! (def with silly Brit accent!)

There's a Vivace in Tucson!