Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Detour to Dorkville


I love a Venn Diagram, don't you? I'm feeling socially inept yet I am obsessing about something that is, in the bigger Venn Diagram of Life, pretty inconsequential. Nothing like a little Facebook faux pas to send you directly to dorkdom. Do not pass go, do not collect Star Trek memorabilia. Go directly to dorkdom. Let's make this quick and painless, shall we? Facebook foists upon its users numerous as well as stealthy enhanced features. Sometimes they give you warning, like the most recent auto send a message when you hit enter feature. If you don't shut it off right then and there, it assumes you think this new feature is way cool and doesn't warn you again. Leaving you vulnerable to its there is no unsend button capriciousness. Add to this the fact that my cat, Einstein, was in my lap and attempting a leap up onto the desk. Meaning that I sent an email message to someone I didn't intend to send one to. Must you ask? No. There were no inappropriate photos or anything risque sent off that will come back to haunt me later. So. I shut off the auto send feature. After I took the detour to dorkville. I'm fine now.

5 comments:

colleen said...

Good to know that you've come to terms with your dorkiness! I'd considered sending a quick note of explanation to all of your FB friends with that name, but I figured you'd find a way to handle it.

I'm guessing you've noticed, but the world didn't come to an end! he he.

colleen said...

And, by the way, I still think you're more of a geek than a dork!

Bellona of Avalon said...

Thanks, I think.

Pleeeeeeaaase no notes on my behalf! If memory serves me correctly, that hasn't gone so well!

colleen said...

As usual, you're right.

And you'll note that I did the right thing this time, as well. ; )

Luv ya, Carla!

Bellona of Avalon said...

Love you, too, Miss Colleen!