Monday, June 7, 2010

Things I Will Miss

* Puppies! ZuZu and Bella have been so much fun! Miss Bella is nearly ten years old and is such a lovely Southern lady. ZuZu is nearly a year old and still very much a puppy, she is a little firecracker. They are both Chinese Crested Powderfuffs. So sweet and funny.

* The screened in porch. Late nights accompanied by a glass of wine or a beer and a cool breeze, mornings with a cup of coffee. Beautiful views of Pam's gardens and babbling brook.

* Miss Pamela Jean. Repeat ten times, then multiply by ten. We have packed so very much laughter, bonding, occasional tears, wonderful food, and girly fun into one week! The only thing that could have made it better is if sister Martine could have been with us.

* Jean and Larry, Pam's mother and father. I want them to adopt me! They have so completely embraced and welcomed Reid and me into their family that I feel I have always known them.

* The lush and heady beauty of late spring/early summer in north Georgia.

* This lovely, sunny room that has been mine for the last week. If I had slept in such a room as a girl I would surely have felt like I was a princess.

* Shrimp and cheddar jalapeno grits at Roux on Canton!

* And lastly, what I will take with me when we leave tomorrow. So much warmth, so many memories, and all the love I have soaked up in the last week. All that and a bag of chips, yes indeed.

No comments: