Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday, Monday

I'm only thirty-seven pages into Infinite Jest and I am mesmerized. Even though I'm not entirely sure what's going on. The Subaru has a slow leak on the right, rear tire. I must get it fixed today. I would be seriously annoyed to go out to the garage when I have somewhere I need to be and find it flat rather than low. I'll bring the book. I made French toast and bacon for breakfast. So I may be mildy confused and think that it's Sunday the rest of the day. Not that my hair is particularly important, but I'm thinking about just trimming up the front myself and letting the rest of it grow. Since I can't seem to find someone who can cut it properly, I figure I can't do any worse than the professionals. And lately I've either been pulling it back or slapping on a baseball cap. Maybe if I get on the slippery slope of being lax about my appearance, friends will get together, do a style intervention, and finagle a free makeover for me on a national tv show! And finally, I wonder if I'll get quicker service at the tire shop if I wear that cute little denim skirt...

4 comments:

Ed said...

The skirt might get attention faster, but the work might get done slower.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Ed, I was sensible and wore capri pants. The nice fellow at the tire shop found a nail in the tire, patched it up, and I was back on the road in 15 minutes. At less than a dollar a minute, I would say the work was done quickly and professionally. I got almost immediate attention, this was due either to my lacy tank top or perhaps because there were no other customers at the moment.

Ed said...

That's good service, regardless of clothing. Wow.

Bellona of Avalon said...

I was very impressed. Also, I think the guy was bored. Three empty stalls and only one car in sight.