Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm Two!

At the point when I become fully menopausal, must I change the title of my blog? Oh, my, it has just occurred to me that today is my blogiversary! For two years I have been casting my thoughts and questions and ponderings out there for anyone to read. I'm not quite famous but I do have some regular readers. Most of you are silent readers who have never commented but have let me know via other channels that you enjoyed something you read here. Thanks to La Guera and Ed who comment frequently, I like and appreciate the conversation. Writing in one way or another has been a part of my life for a long time, and I was reminded of that this afternoon. I've been cleaning out the former computer lab downstairs and am in the process of turning it into my office. The 16yo and his computer have been kicked out to another room and I am left in the midst of piles of stuff and dust bunnies. Figuring out what to keep, what is trash, what can be recycled, what belongs elsewhere. I found the original first manuscript of my novel and found it hard to believe that I printed it out nearly ten years ago. I saved my daily writing on a floppy disc! I have years and years worth of journals that I can't decide what to do with. I'll finally have all my writing efforts, including poetry and notes and character development ideas for possible future novels, all organized in one place. In a week or so, my computer will be at home in another room! I'm going through a teensy bit of separation anxiety, but I need for my bedroom to be a room for just sleeping, reading, and relaxing. Perhaps even entertaining. Well, I figure I ought to not just wait for my ship to come in, I should be prepared for when it arrives! So all the office stuff and notebooks and the cute little desk are moving to another room. Leaving just a journal and a pen on the nightstand. Now that I'm two, I think I'm ready to give the writing a room of its own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG. Terrible Two. You're going to start pushing buttons and turning dials and playing with all sorts of stuff that you shouldn't play with.
Try to not break too many things.
Congratulations.