Sunday, April 13, 2008

Meeting Leo

I met Leo yesterday afternoon. I'm certain of it. For those of you who show up here with some frequency, you're aware that I've been in love twice. With two very different men. They are at opposite ends of the spectrum in good ways as well as the not so good. Ways that made me crazy, ways that attracted me, ways that flattered me, ways that eventually made us go our separate ways. Very, very, very different. And a couple of years ago I was thinking that it would be wonderful to meet someone who was a happy medium of those two very opposite men. In taking an average between their behaviors, the most reasonable method seemed to be to take an average of their birthdays, landing this mythical man of my desire squarely in Leo. Not the least bit scientific and not particularly reasonable, but at least it gave me a way to refer to him. Looking for Leo. There are multiple reasons why this can't possibly work and I already accept that after three meetings with him yesterday, I may never see him again. Leo. He exists. And that alone gives me pause to reflect on the random intricacies of life as we know it. The interesting thing is, he can find me if he chooses to make the effort. And only time will tell if he does. Find me, Leo. I just might turn out to be the woman of your dreams.

No comments: