Monday, October 22, 2007

Whys Wise

One of the reasons I started writing this blog was because I read a few other blogs. For the most part these blogs I read are written by people I know pretty well, or at least people I have met. I found myself leaving comments on these blogs that I thought were pretty pithy. So I thought I'd carve out my own little space in this electronic wonderland so my mental meanderings would have a home. Today I checked out a blog that I haven't read for a while. For all of you who care, but also for those of you who don't, it seems that my fake boyfriend, BOJ, has a real-life girlfriend! I would like to congratulate him on this enormous step forward in his life and hope he is WwtK to his heart's content. I wonder now if I will ever see any of those shots of Jagermeister he owes me. I left this comment on his blog earlier this evening:


Such things are never truly finished. Experiences etch memories upon the brain that remain capable of inducing emotional responses. You can't unlearn or undo or unexperience anything that has happened to you. You can hope that the scars you've earned teach valuable lessons and that you've risen above old, unproductive, and unnecessary behaviors. Accept and embrace the fact that the better person you are today is due in part to the past chapters of your life, maybe in particular the ones that weren't all that pleasant. Acknowledge your past, apologize for the harm you've done, and finally, refuse the burden of pain that others may heap upon you. To remain willing to take that leap of faith one more time even when your heart has been broken is a sign of true resilience. Enjoy.

No comments: