Friday, June 1, 2007

Pink Sangria

I have taken a day of vacation. But I'm not going to sit around all day in my pajamas and watch movies, eat bon-bons and drink mint juleps. Do bon-bons and juleps go together well? It doesn't matter since I have neither in the house. What I do have are four gallons of Lucite in the Pink Sangria shade which will, in a matter of a few hours, be applied to the walls in my living room, kitchen, dining area, sunporch and hallway. But first there is furniture to move, nail holes to patch, cleaning and taping to be done. And mother nature has seen to it that I won't be distracted by fun activities outdoors as she has arranged for it to be raining. A nice, slow soaking-in rain that could last all day. Guess I'll be doing laundry as well. My elder son has just informed me that he is nearly out of clean underwear after a trip out to his car in the rain. For some unknown to me reason he has been keeping his underwear in his car since he moved back from the dormitory three weeks ago. This necessitates a stroll outside first thing in the morning to fetch a fresh pair before he showers. I was silly enough to ask him the obvious. Why he doesn't bring it all in at once. I was met with an eyeroll to the heavens and an answer I didn't comprehend. I have never pretended to understand the convoluted workings of the male brain. And I'm not about to begin trying on a day when I have greater things to accomplish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.