Saturday, June 23, 2007

Almost Never

This almost never happens. I say almost never because it actually did. Happen. I caution my children to refrain from the use of absolutes because they rarely are accurate. To state that something always is this way or never is that way is most likely incorrect. But not never or always. Are you still with me? Last week I renewed my drivers' license. And the photo is flattering and fabulous. I'll keep you posted on the other six signs of the Apocolypse. Should they appear. At least according to my observation. Now if someone could explain why dresses in my closet that fit me quite nicely range in size from 8 to 14. I think in this one case I may be safe in saying that women's clothing sizes are something that shall never make sense or be the least bit consistent. That's why we find it necessary to haul such an armload of clothing into the fitting room. It may be one pair of pants, but we grab the size we normally wear and just to be safe, also grab one size larger and one smaller to eliminate the need to make that humiliating, partially dressed run back to the rack to get another size that might work. This may explain why I have so many pairs of earrings. Earrings fit, without the agony of the try-on, every single time. Always.

No comments: