Sunday, April 29, 2007

New Blue Subaru

It is easier to purchase a car than it is to purchase a swimsuit. It only took two hours from being greeted on the lot by Cute Kyle to his handing over of the keys. I have spent weeks in dressing rooms trying on swimsuits of varying style and price and accomplished nothing but forming a lousy body image. You'd think they would put more flattering lights in the dressing rooms. I think they'd sell so many more thong bathing suits, shorts and micro mini skirts if they did. But maybe not to people who ought to be wearing such things in public. Or private. Or at all. But I digress. The car shopping experience that I had been dreading actually turned out to be very pleasant. Cute Kyle demonstrated and pointed out safety features, bells and whistles, switches, buttons, color-coded caps under the hood, cleverly designed storage compartments and ever so much more. He particularly enjoyed disassembling the beverage holder to show how it can actually be removed and cleaned. He even slammed his hand in the door to effectively show how it won't fracture your phalanges should you be so unfortunate to do such a thing to yourself. I really wanted to do a repeat performance of that little demonstration to impress my son but couldn't quite bring myself to do it. I am not a thrill-seeking personality! Even the paperwork, minor price haggling, credit check parts were okay. The only disappointing part is that, sadly, Cute Kyle does not come with the car. I just feel fortunate that I already own two swimsuits that I look pretty good in. So at least I don't have to go through that ordeal this season.

No comments: