Saturday, August 11, 2018

Enlightening Project


Since the sun will be relentless for another month or so, darkness in my living room isn't an issue right now. But I was considering the dark days of winter ahead and how it would be nice to have a little more light in the north end of the room. And even nicer if those lights would come on when I hit the wall switch near the front door.


Not being an electrician sort of person, though that hasn't stopped me from swapping out a light fixture or two in the past, I needed to find sconce lights that could be plugged into an outlet rather than hard-wired in. I ended up choosing these with Tiffany-style glass shades. Then they sat around in the box for a couple of weeks while I contemplated how to hang them up and the best positioning. And because visible cords annoy me considerably, I found paintable plastic conduit thingys to cover them up. 


Turning 180 degrees, look how coordinated this space has become! My dining room also has a lovely Tiffany style light fixture!


My house was built in 1959, and despite considerable electrical upgrades two years ago, there just aren't enough outlets! Only one of them is operated by the wall switch, so some artful stringing of extension cords was necessary to accomplish this. I enjoy uttering let there be light ever so quietly when flipping the wall switch. 

No comments: