Wednesday, March 7, 2018

It's The Little Things

Behold the tardigrade.  They're very small, about half a millimeter long when full grown. Capable of surviving all sorts of inhospitable conditions from the vacuum of space to boiling volcanic mud, they are hardy little beasts. Which gives me one more tiny thing to worry about. Like the tiny critters that make their home in your eyelashes. And dust mites. I fear I have wiped out entire multi-generation colonies of them while cleaning. Plus, now I'm concerned that I have eaten multitudes of tardigrades, totally by accident. I expect they can tolerate the hazards of the human digestive system, which means I have also pooped them out. I really need to stop thinking about this. There are plenty of bigger things that require and deserve my attention. 

No comments: