Sunday, December 31, 2017

In Review

As 2017 comes to an end, I have to say that it was a mixed bag of good and bad, happy and sad. Though that could easily be said of any year. The bad and sad, for me, are mostly in the realm of politics and and how this country has suffered in the larger world view. I want 45 to go to prison for the damage he has done. I want the recently passed tax bill to be dismantled by a more courageous Congress. I want single-payer health care for all Americans. I want some reasonable gun legislation because the continual occurrence of innocents killed en masse by some nut job who has a gun designed specifically for killing other humans has got to end. I want the internet to remain an equal opportunity platform for all. For me personally, so many answers have come my way this year. Intriguing possibilities lie ahead. I have experienced the joy and love and support that comes from family and friends. I have made new friends and let go of relationships that have stalled and staled. I feel like this new place is home. I have striven, I have failed, I have embraced new ideas that are better than the old. Lessons learned and taken to heart. Most days I awaken to less pain, both physical and emotional, and count my blessings that at the age of sixty I have good health and security, more than enough to eat and a safe, warm place to sleep at night. So, goodbye 2017, hello, 2018. Let the adventure begin.     

No comments: