Wednesday, October 4, 2017

The Anti-Yogurt

I thought it was vanilla yogurt. It's in the same section of the dairy products in a container just like the yogurt I usually buy, but there was no Yoplait. So it seems I grabbed something called cultured dairy blend instead. That sounds more like something you'd smear on a phony baked potato for a photo shoot than something you'd eat. I opened it and stirred it a bit, the consistency was a bit firmer, sort of like ricotta cheese. I tasted it. Not bad. Not terribly sweet. Feeling adventurous, I tossed some into the blending cup with the banana, blueberries, and orange juice that were waiting and blended away. As usual, it was tasty, despite the substitution, and I have suffered no ill effects. I really need to look more closely at what I grab when grocery shopping. 

No comments: