Sunday, October 1, 2017

October the First

It's one of those days, chilled from working out in the yard just before rain showers blew in, that I miss the big bathtub in the old house. Which makes me think I should call my plumber and find out if he can find one similar to this at a lower cost. So that next year long about now I can enjoy a steamy soak in fragrant, bubbly water. The tomato thicket has been placed in the compost and the last dozen or so apples of love have been brought in. The basil is still doing so beautifully I potted a few and brought them in to enjoy the sun on the kitchen window sill. The weatherman says it may freeze tonight so I'm thinking the magical surviving poinsettia should be brought into the garage. Reid would be so proud of me for getting the garbage out to the curb. Normally it's his job so I have to say I do miss him just a bit. Lacking the facilities for a hot bath I will settle for a shower, get into some flannel jammies, and enjoy a glass of wine with my Netflix. October has arrived and suddenly it definitely feels like Fall. Time for soup and pie and Halloween preparation!


No comments: