Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Halloween Costume Archive


The year? 1985. Yes, that's me inside that pumpkin. This was a costume originally created for a coworker's daughter. All I had to do was remove a bit of stuffing in order to fit my much larger body inside. The best part is the hat, which you really don't get a good view of here. There's a little green stem poking up as well as some leaves and some viney sort of things. I must say that this was a most comfortable costume to wear for an evening. And yes, I am wearing bike shorts under the pumpkin. Which made it easy to slip the costume off my shoulders and step out, leaving me properly dressed, and properly sized to fit behind the steering wheel to get to the party. This was back in the days of a company sponsored Halloween shindig, maybe the last of its kind for my soon-to-be-husband's place of employment. Something about liability and alcohol and adults acting like kids. Makes sense. I don't know about you, but wearing a costume makes me feel a bit like misbehaving. 

No comments: