Friday, September 1, 2017

Three Out of Four Isn't Bad

1. Customer service at Barnes & Noble is excellent.

2. Customer service at DSW is excellent.

3. Customer service at Capital One Visa is excellent.

4. Customer service at The New Yorker is shitty.

From the first three experiences with the helpful and courteous staff, variously on the phone and in person, you can safely assume I will happily continue to buy books, videos, and games, and buy shoes, perhaps even with my Visa card, secure in the knowledge that they behave in a way that makes me feel like an appreciated customer. A customer they would like return business from. As far as number four is concerned, I'm done, done, done. I might have stayed on as an internet reader at the right price, but their support staff is the worst. So if you're wondering whether you should give them a try at six bucks for twelve weeks, do so at your own risk. You'll never get the time back that you spend on the phone with their ineffectual customer service reps. In a weak moment I might be beguiled into purchasing a future edition of their cat calendar. But I'll be making that transaction at Barnes & Noble. So there.

No comments: