Saturday, July 15, 2017

Happy and Not So


This is what I would call a happy pot of geraniums. It resides on my front steps on the west side of the house. Geraniums have been my go-to flower for hot, sunny areas. They are resistant to my brown thumb, are dependable and cheery.


Now we have a pot of not-so-happy geraniums. I can't figure out why they are all so unhappy in the hot, hot sun on the patio and deck on the east side of the house. I ignore them and water/weed/dead head them on the same schedule as the happy ones on the other side of the house. All I have to say is, there is enough sunshine to keep the tomatoes happy on this side of the house so there ought to be enough for these grumpy geraniums. Vladimir agrees. Not the guy in charge of Russia, my little gnomish guy on the table here. 

No comments: