Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Oops

Earlier this afternoon, when I should have been getting dressed and heading out the door to run errands, I was instead sitting in front of my computer. Spending over an hour, still in my bathrobe, filling out an application on a dating website. Why, you may ask? Why, when I have experienced only hilariously bad luck with internet dating. Why, when I know from experience that I will balk and log out when I hit the paywall. Why, why, why? Because I'm an eternal optimist? Because I haven't been out on a date in over a year? Because since moving I might just be living smack-dab in the middle of the ripest, most desirable crop of available men anywhere? All of the above. None of the above. All I know is, my email inbox is rife with responses. I opened one of them, intending to navigate straightaway to the dating website and delete my profile. I clicked and got an error message. 404, not found. I tried again. Same result. Hmmm. I'm thinking this is one humongous cosmic clue steering me away from online dating. I'll delete my profile and unsubscribe. As soon as I get something other than the 404 response. I may be a fool for love but I can take a hint. 
  

No comments: