Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Wrong Number

Yesterday my phone rang. The number was from the town in South Dakota where I used to live. So I answered, thinking it might be someone I know, but don't have their number in my contacts. Even though that sly chick who is always warning me about the nonexistent problem with my credit card account has called from area code 605 before. A male voice asked for Lori. I said, pardon me, because the voice was a little threadbare. Again, a little clearer, he asked for Lori. I said, sorry, you have the wrong number. He apologized and we disconnected. Naturally I went straight for the internets to reverse-look-up the number. Ascension Lutheran Church had called me. On Shrove Tuesday. Wanting to chat with Lori. There must be a story here somewhere, but I can't find it. 

No comments: