Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Poor Woman's GPS


I am not a Luddite. I enjoy electronic gadgets. But I do love maps. When I road-trip alone, I end up with numerous sticky notes on the dash for quick reference. Before I back out of the driveway, I examine maps, both online and the paper atlas variety, and write little notes to assist me in finding my destination. Often the acts of map reading and jotting down the information result in a pretty solid imprint on my brain, so the dashboard notes wind up being a backup system. Yes, I still sometimes miss turns and end up backtracking. But if travel comes off without a hitch, you don't have stories to tell. And road trips are all about the stories, if you ask me. I may be wandering, but I'm not necessarily lost.


2 comments:

miruspeg said...

Hello
I stumbled across your interesting blog and hung around for a while.
I think your sticky note idea is an excellent one when driving alone and trying to find your destination.
Cheers
Peggy

Bellona of Avalon said...

Hi, Peggy! Lovely to have you here, hope you come back often.