Sunday, March 19, 2017

Clair, Patron Saint of Vino

Should you find yourself in Las Cruces, New Mexico, and you also find yourself peckish, do what I did. Take a good, long soak in the hotel hot tub to relax off the road dust, then toss on some fresh clothes and enjoy dinner at the St Clair Winery and Bistro. I had the salmon with lobster sauce and mixed grilled veggies accompanied by the recommended St Clair pinot grigio. Absolutely delish. After dinner, feeling the need to buy a souvenir, I settled on two pieces of signature stemware. Because I don't have enough glassware. Really. Well, okay, just not too much. Glassware. Stop judging me!


The friendly and accommodating young man behind the bar wrapped up the glasses for me, and as you can see, they made it back home in one piece. He also told me that their wines are marketed nationwide. All I have have to say is, I hope my neighborhood liquor store offers a selection of St Clair wines. If they don't, I will gently suggest that they do so.

No comments: