Saturday, January 7, 2017

Holding the Bag

When things happen in threes I feel compelled to write about it. On New Year's Eve, my heart was warmed by observing a man confidently holding his wife's fancy evening bag while she was dancing. Earlier this week I was amused by a friend who was minding his wife's purse in a waiting room while she was undergoing a procedure. He was proffered a number of compliments on it while he waited. I happen to think this is a fair trade-off for the numerous times a man asks of his handbag-carrying significant other, can you put this in your purse for me?, when an item does not fit in his pocket. I was remembering a shopping trip with my SIL Pam a number of years ago, we were looking at purses in Dayton's. She had her eye on a cute straw bag with leather details but was undecided about taking it home. I shared with her my practice of test-driving a purse. Meaning that I sling the strap over my shoulder or hang it on my arm and take a walk through the store to see if I bond with it. She liked the idea and laughed. Her indecision was due to the fact that my brother, her husband, Cullen, was not there to offer his opinion on the purse. Since he is often obliged to hold her bag when they are out together, he likes the opportunity to approve its purchase before she buys it. I found this bit of information about my little brother both touching and hilarious. All I have to say is, men, if you love your woman, hold her purse when asked. It makes you appear gracious, confident, and secure in your masculinity. Especially if it's pink.


No comments: