Wednesday, December 14, 2016

What I Miss

1. Karen

2. Kristi

3. Jill

4. The huge bathtub in the old house.

5. Properly spaced hammock trees.

6. Jazz night at The Pheasant.

7. I'm missing Holiday Jam with the Hegg Brothers for only the second time in eight years.

8. In reference to item #7, I do have CDs from HJ 3 and 4, so that helps.

9. Also in reference to item #7, I have a ticket for a local holiday music event put on by The Greeley Chorale. This also helps.

10. And finally, not that I would have ever missed King's Wok, although Reid does, just a couple of blocks over we have discovered Panda Buffet. Nicely within walking distance, it is another heavily Americanized Chinese-ish restaurant. I think there is some sort of rule that such an eating establishment must exist in every college town. And yes, we have walked. 

The Day After Footnote: How could I have possibly forgotten Science at the Pub? A monthly science talk on an interesting, timely subject at a local bar. A nerdy learning opportunity accompanied by adult beverages. It just doesn't get much better than this.

No comments: