Thursday, November 10, 2016

I Have a Dream

That's it. My heartbreak over the election has turned to resolve. I have this crazy dream that's lifting me up from the dregs of doom. A dream that begins in January when hewhoshallnotbenamed* is sworn into office. A dream that involves Barack and Michelle Obama working from the outside, and Senators Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and Al Franken from the inside. Along with artists from every discipline, musicians, writers, sculptors, and painters. They often inspire and express what the rest of us struggle with. And so many, many others who will not stand by and tolerate racism, misogyny, religious intolerance, or homophobia as the norm. We must stand strong together and turn this creaking, leaky ship of a country around. If you're listening President and Mrs. Obama, give me a call when it's time to get things going. Until then, I suppose the best place to start is to get involved with my local Democratic Party cohorts. This cranky, introverted woman who is pretty good with words and possesses remarkable organizational and speaking skills is pledging herself to public service. It's time for this phoenix to rise up from the ashes and flames.

*I need to come up with a code name for the p-elect since I vow to never again type his name in this space. Suggestions are welcome.

No comments: