Monday, September 12, 2016

Keirsey vs Looking at Photos

This is interesting. According to Keirsey's Temperament Sorter evaluation, I'm an iNFp. Meaning I'm an introverted, intuitive, feeling, and perceiving type of person. I took the Keirsey test over ten years ago, and I remember it being rather intense and taking nearly an hour to complete. The test I took yesterday, which involved looking at a series of photos, most of them beautiful and colorful nature shots, and assigning a single word description or clicking on a particular color, took just a couple of minutes. And rendered a very similar conclusion. 


Most defining characteristics: You are sensitive, melancholic and a perfectionist. 
You are a very emotional, caring and dedicated person. You believe that there is a bigger picture in life, one that we can’t really see, but we can feel. 
You are very compassionate, strong minded, and devoted to your beliefs. 
Although you tend to get melancholic, your ability to empathize for others is a true gift and you possess a sort of kindness that is rare.

Kind of amazing. While the Keirsey test resulted in a nearly five page report instead of one short paragraph, the similarities line right up. All I have to say is, at least for me, the Cliff's Notes version is right up there with the full novel. I can't wait to see the movie! 


No comments: