Friday, August 26, 2016

Lamping It Up


This is a lamp. Hello, lamp! As you can see, the lamp is lacking a shade. 


This is the shade I would like to put on the lamp. But it is incompatible with the lamp as it is.


One of these thingys is needed. Psst, it's called a harp. But I don't want to go to all the fuss and bother disassembling the lamp to install the harp so the shade can be added.


So I poke around in the lamp-related stuff and come across this. A much smaller shade with the correct sort of mounting that will work with the lamp!


Mere moments later the smaller shade is in place.


And, voila! The larger shade pops on over the smaller one and we are in business. I effectively substituted a small lampshade for a harp. Didn't spend a dime and it took just minutes. If you aren't comfortable rewiring a lamp, I recommend this quickie method to get your lamp properly shaded. I can't say for sure that I invented this brilliant workaround, but I've never seen anyone else do it. Until someone steps forward and can verify an earlier use of what I suppose might be called a hack, it's all mine. Ahehhhmmmmm. Miss Anne Elk would approve.

No comments: