Friday, August 5, 2016

Hope for the Technologically Challenged


My eight-year-old Canon printer/scanner had given up the ghost. Which I expect indicates there was no longer a ghost in the machine. Two days ago my new printer/scanner arrived. Today, I cautiously approached it, opened the box and proceeded to set it up. As the above photo indicates, set-up was successful. Newton was close by throughout the process but was not helpful. Thanks to Mark for suggesting a laser printer over an inkjet printer. Toner cartridges will likely prove to be a less expensive and more reliable choice for my printing needs. Less pricey since toner is made up of more readily available materials than the unicorn-blood-derived ink. More reliable due to the dry climate which can limit the life of ink cartridges compared to toner.


Feeling reckless and cocky after the set-up came off without a hitch, I decided to attempt to scan a photo. As you can see, this pic of my sis Martine has now been rendered in electrons rather than the magic of light reacting with film that was then developed and printed on paper. On the technologically capable scale, I fall pretty much smack-dab in the middle between the extremes of Luddite and SuperNerd. Pardon me while I'm smug for the rest of the day.

No comments: