Thursday, February 4, 2016

Document Management


Sometimes I'm brilliant and environmentally conscious at the same time. The first room to be addressed in my February cleaning/organizing/decluttering blitz is my office. It seemed reasonable to start with document management. Which entails shredding ancient bank statements, investment stuff, and anything with personal information that could lead to identity theft. In the midst of shredding, which consisted more of unclogging the shredder than actual shredding, it occurred to me that this shredded paper could be used for packing material! And then recycled once I'm moved! See how I did that? It's brilliant and environmentally conscious! Also contributing to my environmental high and mightiness is the fact that most of these paper documents have been replaced by electronic docs whenever reasonable and possible. I feel like such a grownup today.

No comments: