Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Thermostat Wars

The house was particularly chilly when I woke up this morning. After donning fat socks and a fuzzy robe I ventured out to the hallway to turn up the thermostat. And observed that it was turned all the way down! This reminded me that my son had showered last evening. And when he showers he turns the thermostat all the way down. I didn't notice because I was busy cooking dinner and putting up even more holiday decorations until I went to bed. I turned it up to a reasonable 70 and shuffled to the kitchen to make coffee. I have always been mystified as to why he does this turning off the heat thing. I don't know about you, but when I'm wet and naked I want the room toasty warm. I have surmised that he offsets this frugality by overuse of a space heater in his man cave downstairs. When he could put on slippers and more clothing instead. Pardon my logic, but this makes no sense at all. 

No comments: