Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Remembering to Breathe

Generally I don't give a rat's ass what people think of me. Excepting, obviously, those I care about. It's really none of my business. But this whole selling my house project has me placing myself square in the crosshairs of judgement. The feedback from potential buyers after a showing has me on the defensive! I am not enjoying this and seriously working on not taking it personally. Breathe. Okay. This is something I have no control over and thus must let go of. Breathe. I have loved this house, tended it, cleaned it, and repaired it for going on thirty years. I am ready to let go of it and move on. But not to anyone who only sees the traces of imperfection that dwell here. There isn't enough beige paint in the world to cover what detractors insist on seeing. A buyer will come along who can appreciate the beauty of this house and the shelter it offers. And I will wait for that. And breathe.

No comments: