Monday, September 14, 2015

I Like These Numbers!


Yes, I think it's a good idea to lower your blood pressure to within normal guidelines. Particularly since a major study was recently cut short because early data showed that lowering blood pressure significantly contributed to remaining healthy. Meaning avoiding heart attacks, heart failure, and strokes. The above was my reading yesterday, which makes me very happy, indeed. But my bp wasn't lowered by my doctor aggressively treating my slightly elevated bp with prescription drugs. I am taking an over the counter supplement called coenzyme Q10. Which makes me think even more than before that lifestyle choices can influence health in a positive manner. Lose ten pounds, be more physically active, eat healthier. I'm not a doctor, but this is working for me, and I have family history of hypertension. At least for now, this is a plan I'm sticking with.

No comments: