Friday, March 27, 2015

You Can't Make Me Like Him!

It wasn't presented as a challenge. But when I declared that Will Farrell was not my cup of tea, JT Phlaan took it as one. Okay, maybe I used stronger words. Like revulsion. Over-actor. Possibly short on talent and fearless about it. JT claimed to not only know of, but possess a copy of something called Stranger Than Fiction. He then reeled me in by mentioning that Emma Thompson and Maggie Gyllenhaal are in it, too. Stop it! I love Emma Thompson and Maggie Gyllenhaal!  And shut up about Dustin Hoffman and Queen Latifah who also appear as pivotal characters! Because I like them, too! I came to the conclusion that all those positive casting choices just might make up for Mr. Farrell's presence. So now I must grudgingly allow Will Farrell to share this planet with me. I loved this movie! I cared about what happened to him! He even made me cry. Okay, fine, he can act. But this may very well be that proverbial exception that proves the rule. You can't make me like Will Farrell, but I have a sizable soft spot for Harold Crick. This film challenge round goes to JT.

No comments: