Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday Poetry Corner

I have admitted before that I take too many internet quizzes. You know, to help peel away the layers and reveal my true personality. Some I have taken numerous times to see if there is a way to game them and get a preferred result. Often among the multiple choice answers there isn't one that accurately reflects my thoughts, giving the final result less validity. Okay, fine, not that there's a scrap of validity at stake here. This morning I took one that would reveal What Famous Poem Was Written About You, meaning me. I was expecting something dark and brooding, and instead I was surprised with a lovely poem by Emily Dickinson.

There Is Another Sky

There is another sky,
Ever serene and fair,
And there is another sunshine,
Though it be darkness there;
Never mind faded forests, Austin,
Never mind silent fields -
Here is a little forest,
Whose leaf is ever green;
Here is a brighter garden,
Where not a frost has been;
In its unfading flowers
I hear the bright bee hum:
Prithee, my brother,
Into my garden come!

This is what my choices revealed about me:

Optimistic, but not without a sense of pragmatism, you yearn for foreign lands and exotic tastes. The tides of fate and change thrill you as you surf their waves into the next phase of your life.

But enough about me. Take the test yourself and discover what poem was written about you. Then write your own.

No comments: