Friday, December 19, 2014

Of Beer and Men

Last night I was waiting in the beverage line during intermission. This venue is very much hit and miss as far as beer selection goes. Why limit myself to beer, you might ask. Well. When I'm driving I'm much more comfortable having a beer than a mixed drink when I have a fixed time in which to metabolize its alcohol content. Why not wine, you might further inquire. Well. I just can't enjoy wine out of a plastic cup. The plastic-y nature of the container spoils the bouquet for me, it overwhelms the taste of the wine. I do like a little wine buzz, mind you, but the pleasure of sipping the deliciousness is a big part of the experience for me. Lacking that, the buzz becomes pointless. When I got to the front of the line it turned out that the beer situation was a miss. All light beers with the lone exception being Budweiser. No thank you. And how does this correlate to men? It occurs to me that I make similar choices when faced with the current availability options in these particular areas. I am well acquainted with my preferences and dealbreakers. Which means that I would prefer to pass on an opportunity if it doesn't measure up. I'd rather be buzzless and alone than drunk and disappointed. If you aren't familiar with my standards where a man is concerned, you can read them here. As far as beers go, I adore Scottish ales or a nice seasonal brew on the darker side. I have yet to meet an Octoberfest style I didn't take to. Leinenkugal's various shandies appeal to me as does a standard bock style like the one Shiner makes. I just don't have the time or patience for what I already know I don't care for. Men. Beer. I like what I like yet remain open to new possibilities.     

No comments: