Tuesday, November 25, 2014

All Better

Last night I had one of those moments. Where a memory is unexpectedly triggered and I saw a little glimmer of light. It went like this. I had settled in to watch Playing By Heart. Glass of wine, a cozy throw, my feet up on the ottoman with a kitty snuggled up nearby. If you haven't seen this movie, I recommend it. One of those multi-storyline with everything coming together and making sense at the end sort of plots. So I'm not going to say much and spoil it for you. Oh, Jon Stewart is in it. And I sort of adore him. Sean Connery is in it, too, and I adore him, but this is all about Jon. At a critical point, Meredith (Gillian Anderson) utters his character's name. Trent. I had to back up just to hear it one more time. And I sat there bemused for a moment. I expect that the last time I viewed Playing By Heart was over a year ago, well before Trent entered my life. That's when the glimmer happened. I was perfectly fine with my much adored Jon Stewart bearing a former beau's name in a movie. No pang, no awwww, no nothing. The sound of his name had no power over me. Once again I have tripped and fallen into romantic entanglement, picked myself up, brushed myself off, and survived. I'm all better. 
                                                                                    

No comments: