Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Rare and Lovely Purple Siphonophore

I have this floater in my right eye. I've had it for years, and I have often meant to grab a pencil and draw a picture of it because it has an interesting shape. Sometimes it's folded over, sometimes all stretched out, always recognizable. As it often works out in life, if you put something off long enough, someone else does it for you. In my experience this MO never works for cleaning the bathroom or filing your taxes.


Though apparently it does work when deep sea explorers happen upon something that is shaped pretty much like my floater. Now I can imagine that a miniature, colorless version of this deep sea critter lives inside my eyeball. Even though I know what's in there is a tiny, harmless protein strand. Oh, the nightmares that shall ensue.

No comments: