Sunday, July 20, 2014

Immediacy

So I'm here in my kitchen listening to Minnesota Public Radio. It's the rebroadcast of Wits, Episode 45. I've heard it before so it's just kind of playing in the background as I wash up a few dishes. I'm so taken with a song that musical guests Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires are performing that I pause to listen while I return the shiny clean wine glasses to the china cabinet. Oh, yeah. I'm seriously taken with this song. I discover after Googling the pair of musicians that the title of the song is Traveling Alone. I pull up my Barnes & Noble account where I am a member entitled to free shipping and discover this song is on the cd Southeastern and is discounted 40%. I click on add to bag and place my order. Returning to the Google page where I started the search I find out he is playing in Sioux Falls at the Orpheum in nine days. There are still tickets available in the balcony for twenty-five bucks. Talk about instant gratification. Do I dare ask further that Amanda Shires will be appearing with him? Indeed, ask away! The worst they can do is say no. 
   

No comments: