Friday, May 2, 2014

Can't Sleep

The thing is, I'm not testing you. I'm not throwing shit at you to see what sticks and what doesn't. If I want to know something, I'll ask you directly. What I'm feeling right now is a little overwhelming and I don't know what to do with all of it. My thought process is a little convoluted at times so it may seem like I am, but I'm not into playing games. Sometimes I'm like a dog with a bone. I worry away at a thing for hours before I can let it go and bury it. But that's no guarantee I won't dig it up again and worry away at it some more. I'm a complex, work-in-progress human. Generally I don't make the same mistake twice. Where's the fun in that. Did I have a point? Oh, yeah. I wouldn't be a very good Buddhist because I have a tendency to throw myself headlong into things one hundred percent. I don't hold back. I can be stubborn and demanding and sometimes moody. But there's so much good stuff here, too. When I care, I care deeply. I'm working on patience, that most elusive of virtues, it comes more easily to me now. It's my nature to be generous and open and not judge. I'm funny and passionate and creative, sometimes all at the same time. Like I told you, I'm not easy. But I'm worth the effort. All I want is the time to discover you completely, whenever that happens.

No comments: