Sunday, May 4, 2014

Best Wedding Ever


Please meet my friends Stephanie and Chris. Today they are celebrating their first wedding anniversary. Which means that one year ago they were throwing simply the best wedding ever. I have never before attended nuptials where the guests passed by the bar on the way in and were offered a drink. I know, right? I said yes to a Blue Moon Belgian White and seated myself. It seems the bride and groom availed themselves in the beverage department as well. Drinking a toast to yourselves. Right away. The guests lifted their glasses right along with them. What fun!


Don't even begin to think that Steph and Chris went the way of your standard wedding vows. Instead they told the story of how they met and fell in love. When Girl lives in The States and Boy lives in Wales and they defy the odds against their meeting at all by finding each other in a chat room on a favorite band's website, this is the stuff movies are made of. I don't know about you, but it makes me believe in romance and grand gestures and leaps of faith all over again. Oh, and that's their friend Scott officiating. 
   

The newly married couple making their way down the aisle. Now it's time for food and more beer and dancing. 


And there is no dancing quite like the dancing that is danced in matching shoes. Matching shoes! My heart flutters.


When you kiss under a stuffed boar's head in a medieval-themed local bar, I would say that you are destined for a long and happy life together. In summary, the best wedding ever is defined by adult beverages available for consumption during the ceremony, matching shoes for the Bride and Groom, and a sense of fun and joy that uplifts what is also a solemn occasion. Oh. One more little thing. When I feel a bit jaded about the possibilities of finding love again myself, Steph and Chris's experience reminds me that it does happen. I wish them the happiest of anniversaries with many more to come.


No comments: