Monday, March 3, 2014

I Love Movies, But...

I generally don't put a whole lot of stock in the Academy Awards. Sure, the work and people who are nominated deserve recognition. But mostly it seems like a pretty self-congratulatory fancy dress party. There was one small difference this year that made me a little more interested. I was fortunate enough a month ago to attend a screening of all the nominated shorts, animated as well as live action. And I fell in love with this adorable little OCD-afflicted steam punk fellow called Mr. Hublot. 


The first among you who presents me with a Mr. Hublot doll or action figure will win my undying adoration and perhaps own a small portion of my soul. Oh, I forgot to mention that messieurs Laurent Witz and Alexandre Espigares did, indeed, win the Oscar for their animated short bearing this little guy's name. Sometimes, it is neither beauty nor a glittery red carpet appearance that wins the day.


No comments: