Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Soups of Winter

Soup may be my favorite cold weather fare, which means I've made a lot of soup this winter. A lot of soup, people. Is winter over yet? I believe I have gone through my entire soup repertoire and am repeating myself. A list of this winter's soup's, then, the final two on the list are bubbling on the stove right now. And I would truly love to possess a gorgeous soup tureen like the one pictured here. Sometimes presentation is everything, sometimes you're really hungry and it's presentation, schmesentation and you gobble from your greasy fingers over the sink. Whatever works.

*Chicken Tortilla
*Roasted Potato with Smoked Sausage
*Cajun Seafood Chowder
*Classic Chicken Noodle
*Creamy Chicken Mushroom



I forgot tomato bisque and broccoli cheddar cheese! I also have made really great vegetable beef and French onion in the past but the lack of availability of beef soup bones have caused these two to slip off the list of regulars!


3 comments:

The Cranky said...

So will you be sharing recipes?

Bellona of Avalon said...

Sure! My soup-making is more just a list of ingredients coupled with methods than precise recipes.

Maybe I should do a post on basic soup concoction!

Any one you're particularly interested in?

The Cranky said...

All of them! Lol, we are HUGE soup-eaters in winter.

Hmmm, allow me to rephrase that: we eat huge amounts of soup in winter. The sausage and potato soup looks like something we would especially enjoy.