Thursday, October 3, 2013

PiF

I've had the concept of paying it forward on my mind the last few weeks. Because very unexpectedly a friend helped me out and insisted that I pass on the good deed to someone else in need. Which imbues me with gratitude for her generosity as well as the opportunity to act in a generous manner myself. Which brings me to Mike, a friend in real life as well as Facebook. Who for the past several months has shared his mother's valiant and irrepressible spirit with us as she battled to overcome cancer. Joyce lost that battle this past Saturday, she died peacefully with Mike and his sister at her side. And it seems to me that her life's attitude is summed up in the final line of her obituary. In lieu of flowers or memorials, please do a good deed for someone. So pay it forward, children. Because Joyce says so. And because it's the right thing to do.
           

No comments: