Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dreamland

Last night I had one of those wandering dreams. And it became clear that the reason I was wandering was because I was attempting to locate my car. I wasn't worried or upset, just confused. The weird thing was that I wasn't wandering about in places where a person would normally park their car, say, outdoors on the street, or in a parking lot or parking garage. I was in some kind of an office building with hallways and waiting rooms all with varying degrees of light and dark. There were very few people about, and when I encountered one I would ask if they knew where I might find my car. If they answered they would tell me to look in the safety department. Eventually I became aware that a man was walking beside me. A man that I was considerably taller than. I asked him if he was having trouble finding his car. He smiled at me and assured me he knew the way. We hooked arms and walked on together with confidence. Just before I woke up I realized that Robert Reich had come to my rescue. I have no idea what the greater implications of this dream might be. But I do know one thing. Wide awake and conscious I would follow Robert Reich anywhere.

No comments: