Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Ghost of Fitness Past


It is my observation that tall people put stuff away in virtually unreachable places for us average height people. Case in point, my first husband. Who is nearly a foot taller than me. And his propensity for stashing shit up in the rafters of the garage. So yesterday, when I was searching for a large piece of cardboard, I looked up. And wondered what might possibly be inside of the Nordic Track box. Since its large size made it a good candidate for the project I had in mind. As it turns out, nothing. Except for dust, bird poop, and some mysterious mud structures possibly created by long dead, or at least now homeless, wasps. The truly fascinating fact about me still possessing this Nordic Track box is that the Nordic Track itself has been gone for twenty years! There are more boxes up in the garage rafters. I suppose I'll have to pull them down, too, and see what treasures await. Which makes me consider tv boxes. With the advances in electronics that have pretty much left the cathode ray tube television in the dust of obsolescence, we now have flat screen tv's. Which come in flat boxes. Meaning that the box that the new tv arrives in no longer properly serves as a bachelor pad coffee table. I find this regrettable. Sigh. At least corrugated recycles.

No comments: