Thursday, September 12, 2013

Recycling Rant

The garbage truck never wakes me up. The recycling truck, however, does, and rather rudely and at a much earlier hour than I find acceptable. The recycling truck makes a whole fucking shitload of noise! Not a half or three-quarters or even ninety percent, but an entire fucking shitload of noise*. And it has just occurred to me the why of this. Bags of garbage are large, soft, mostly mooshy things that fall with quiet civility into the back of the truck. Judging by what is in my recycling bin, which is lots of cans and bottles, the dumping of such contents is deafening and brain-jangling, even from blocks away! The intermixed paper and cardboard do little if nothing to muffle the uproarious clanging. Although I do find that this is annoying, please continue to recycle. It's the green thing to do. I'll either wear earplugs on Wednesday night or schedule a nap on Thursdays. It's the least that I can do for the good of Mother Earth.

*Reid, because he likes to be excruciatingly specific, supplied me with this sentence. Actually, I don't know if he likes to be this way, or simply is. He was laughing, too, and it is with the tempered and abiding love of a mother that I forgive him for enjoying my pain.  

**Upon reading the prior footnote, Reid has informed me that he does, indeed, delight in being excruciatingly specific.


No comments: