Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Oh, Yes, The Little Black Dress


If the question is, can a girl own too many black dresses, the answer is an unequivocal no. Or, more emphatically, NO! In the above photo, please admire the mostly black halter dress I found in Spearfish while shopping with Jill.


Note the hem detail in the back. The dress features batik dyed flowers that are outlined with (I think) hand embroidery. I love wearing a fun, swishy, girly dress. And this one is all three!


While power shopping on the recent camping weekend with Karen, I found this beauty on a clearance rack. The asymmetrical ruffles are fun and flattering!


Close up on the fluttery ruffles. At Christopher & Banks, they call this the eyelash dress. Works for me.


Bonus! While shopping with Andrea I found these spangly lovelies to go with the batik dress. I was at JCP trying to spend my $15 birthday reward so they were basically free. As Miss Clairee Belcher said in Steel Magnolias, our ability to accessorize is what separates us from the animals. I wholeheartedly agree.

No comments: