Monday, August 26, 2013

'Twerks for Me

I am hopelessly out of touch. But I am internet savvy. So when I am not familiar with a term, I look it up. Often at more than one website to gain a full range of knowledge. Just this morning I was introduced to the word twerk, which understandably spellcheck does not get along with. And this seems to be a consensus sort of meaning: 

"A dance move that involves a person shaking their upper hips and lower hips in an up and down bouncing motion, causing them to shake, wobble and jiggle."

Now I am ever so slightly confused. I was not aware that there are two sets of hips, the upper and the lower. Perhaps this is some sort of human anatomy anomaly that allows for more suggestive dance moves. Not to mention the, well, ahem, other moves that have quite interesting connotations that do not require a dance floor. As for me personally, one set of hips is quite adequate, thank you.  

No comments: